Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
He further said that the number of divorce suits had drastically soared recently, overwhelming officials at the court.“[The court] even had to close its operation for two weeks in May [due to the piled-up cases],” Ahmad said on Monday, as quoted by kompas.com.South Tangerang in Banten, meanwhile, had recorded nearly 2,000 divorce petitions up to Monday. On average, the city sees between 2,500 to 3,000 divorce cases annually.“This year’s cases have increased by more than 5 percent,” Abdul Rojak, the head of the Religious Affairs Ministry’s South Tangerang office, said last week as reported by kompas.com. A number of regions in Indonesia have seen a significant increase in divorce rates during the COVID-19 pandemic with financial issues cited as among the main factors of the break-ups.The Soreang Religious Court in Bandung regency, West Java, for example, received more than 1,000 divorce requests in June alone—higher than the average 700 to 800 requests they previously received in a month.A staff member at the court, Ahmad Sadikin, said the majority of the plaintiffs were wives who claimed they did not get financial support from their husbands. He revealed that many of the couples eventually decided to end their relationships because of economic pressures.Read also: Economist, epidemiologist slam government over COVID-19 responseAt least two other regions, namely Lhokseumawe in Aceh and Semarang in Central Java have also reported a similar increase in divorce rates.Tribunnews.com reported that the Lhokseumawe authorities received 315 divorce suits by the end of July, while last year’s suits only stood at 258.The Semarang Religious Court recorded an increase in divorce suits in the first half of 2020, amounting to 1,586.The court’s deputy chief, Muhamad Camuda, said financial issues were mostly cited as the cause of the divorces.The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has sent Indonesia into the worst economic slump since 1999, which has affected various business sectors and individual lives.Data from the Manpower Ministry showed that as of May 27, more than 1.79 million people had lost their jobs after nonessential businesses shut down to comply with government restrictions.National Development Planning Minister Suharso Monoarfa said last month the government predicted some 5.5 million people might lose their jobs this year, pushing the unemployment rate to between 8.1 and 9.2 percent, up from 5.28 percent last year. (vny)Topics :
SHARE Email Facebook Twitter September 21, 2018 Environment, Press Release, Public Health Harrisburg, PA – Governor Tom Wolf today announced the establishment of a multi-agency PFAS Action Team and other executive actions to address growing national concerns surrounding per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS). These man-made chemicals are resistant to heat, water and oil, and persist in the environment and the human body, heightening concern among residents in areas of the state in which these chemicals have been identified in drinking water. The plan announced today moves Pennsylvania to the forefront of states taking proactive action to address PFAS and other water contaminants.“This issue is by no means limited to Pennsylvania, but I am using all the authority I have to address this emerging environmental and public health issue because our residents deserve clean air, pure water, and to know that the environment they live in is safe,” Governor Wolf said. “I have consistently called on the federal government to demonstrate leadership by establishing national safe drinking water standards for PFAS, but in the absence of federal action, Pennsylvania will move forward aggressively to ensure Pennsylvania residents are protected.”PFAS substances were commonly used in applications including surface coating of paper and cardboard packaging products, carpets, non-stick pans, and textiles, as well as firefighting foams. These substances have been detected in air, water, and soil in and around production manufacturing facilities as well as airports and military bases which utilized firefighting foams. Companies began phasing out the production and use of several PFAS substances in the early 2000s, and two of the most well studied—perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) and perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS)—are no longer manufactured or imported into the United States. Despite the phase-out, contamination has been identified at 11 sites in Pennsylvania, each of which are being addressed by state and federal cleanup efforts.On September 19th, Governor Wolf signed an executive order forming a PFAS Action Team. The PFAS Action Team will be responsible for developing a comprehensive response to identify and eliminate the sources of contamination. The Action Team will be led by the secretaries of Environmental Protection, Health, Military and Veteran Affairs, Community and Economic Development, Agriculture, and the State Fire Commissioner. Their efforts will specifically address strategies to deliver safe drinking water and minimize risks from firefighting foam and other PFAS sources, manage environmental contamination, create specific site plans, explore funding for remediation efforts, and increase public education.In addition to the creation of the Action Team, today the governor also announced that the commonwealth will prioritize the hiring of a state toxicologist, and two associate toxicologists in order to evaluate defensible PFAS drinking water limits and strategy. While the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) typically sets such limits, no timeline has been established for action at the federal level despite repeated calls from Governor Wolf and officials nationwide. The Department of Health is already in the process of hiring one toxicologist and will immediately begin the search for an additional two.Earlier this week, Governor Wolf wrote to EPA Acting Administrator Andrew Wheeler to again urge that EPA move forward to establish a more-protective maximum contaminant level for PFOA and PFOS. Separately, the governor reached out to members of Pennsylvania’s congressional delegation to request their support for proposed legislation that provides funding to states to test, address, monitor and remediate contaminants and suspected contaminants of drinking water, groundwater, surface water, and lands.“While my administration is taking action to address these and other emerging contaminants, I write to ask for your assistance in moving forward with the federal response,” wrote Governor Wolf. “Failure to address PFAS nationally using a holistic approach will continue to put public health at risk and lead to a patchwork of inconsistent state laws and regulations.”And, in order to better understand the potential extent of this issue statewide, the governor has directed DEP to develop a PFAS sampling plan to test public water systems across the commonwealth in order to identify any additional systems with elevated PFAS levels in drinking water. Sampling will help locate other areas, beyond the known contamination sites, where steps to address contamination may be needed. Sampling is scheduled to begin in early 2019, and water systems will be selected based on risk characteristics developed by the department.Finally, the governor also called for legislation that establishes an interim notification level similar to California’s which would require state notification if there is a detection of PFOS and PFOA above a protective level established as a percentage of EPA’s published Health Advisory Level. Governor Wolf Takes Executive Action to Address PFAS Concerns and Protect Pennsylvanians
IADC (International Association of Dredging Companies) has just announced the 3nd IADC Safety Award 2017 nominee: Damen Shiprepair – CCTV System.In an effort to reduce the dangers to crew both inside and outside a vessel, Damen Shiprepair entrusted a CCTV-system (installed by RBC) with overseeing activities taking place in high-risk locations, including the engine, pump and turret rooms as well as confined spaces.Running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, Damen’s linked camera surveillance, access control, gas detection, audio/visual alarm and open radio transmission system lets one person continuously monitor 20 high-risk locations all at once from a Mobile Command Unit, detecting and acting upon hazards as they arise, in real time.At the onset, hazardous situations increased significantly but with this information, Damen was able to improve the safety management system and guarantee worker’s safety.The cameras will soon be wireless, but until then needs a 220V power source and cable to connect with the central supervision unit.The system reduces operational costs by 20 to 50 per cent by requiring less static safety consultants on site.IADC Safety AwardThe Award seeks to identify the exceptional safety performance of a particular project, product, ship, team or employee.Launched in 2015, the IADC Safety Award is intended to encourage the development of safety skills on the job, rewarding people and companies demonstrating diligence in safety awareness in the performance of their profession.The IADC Board of Directors will present the winner of the Safety Award 2017 at the IADC Annual General Meeting in Marseille, France, in September 2017.
Denmark-based shipping company Hafnia Tankers ended the first half of this year with a profit of USD 2.3 million, considerably lower compared to a profit of USD 17.2 million recorded in the same period last year.As explained, the poor product tanker market conditions contributed to the company’s net and operating profit for the six months ended June 30, 2017.Hafnia’s operating profit in 1H 2017 decreased to USD 14.8 million from USD 28.4 million seen in the same period of 2016.In addition, the company’s revenue dropped to USD 98.2 million in the six-month period of this year from USD 105 million posted in 1H 2016.Gross earnings during the first half of 2017 were USD 14,650 per LR1 vessel, USD 14,700 per MR vessel and USD 13,175 per SR vessel.For the second quarter of the year, the company suffered a loss of USD 3.7 million, compared to a profit of USD 6.6 million seen in the same quarter of 2016. Operating profit for the period stood at 2.7 million, down from USD 11.3 million, while Hafnia’s revenue dropped to USD 44.8 million from USD 50.3 million.“The overall product tanker market weakened further during the second quarter of 2017, reflecting the ongoing imbalance between supply and demand of tonnage. High inventories and reduced trading activity did not support any additional increase of freight rates, however, we did see the start of reduced oil inventories by the end of 2Q, which in combination with a reduced orderbook, as well as growing oil consumption, are needed for an improved market,” the company said.Hafnia added that it had USD 64.9 million in cash and USD 576.4 million of bank debt at end of the first half of 2017. What is more, the company had a firm term sheet from a first-class bank to fund the newbuilds, and in combination with its cash balance, the newbuild program was fully financed.As of June 30, 2017, Hafnia’s fleet consisted of 37 owned vessels and five chartered-in vessels. Vista Shipping, of which Hafnia Tankers has a 50% ownership, has two LR1 newbuilds on order,with expected deliveries in Q1 2019.The company’s three divisions – LR1, MR, and SR, have 111 vessels under management including forward commitments.
Loading… Inter Milan are ready to rumble the transfer plans of Chelsea and Tottenham. Antonio Conte could be about to get one over on his former club Chelsea and Tottenham as Inter Milan look to secure three deals this summer, says Gazzetta dello Sport. Chelsea want to sign Dries Mertens on a free transfer, but Inter are keen to snatch the 32-year-old away from the Blues on a free transfer.Advertisement Spurs could be also be affected by the Italian outfit’s transfer business as it is claimed they will move for Thomas Meunier, who will become a free agent this summer from PSG. read also:Moses manager Conte missing COVID-19 test And Conte also wants to raid Tottenham to lure Jan Vertonghen to the San Siro this summer. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content9 Most Disturbing Movie Dystopias20 Completely Unexpected Facts About ‘The Big Bang Theory’10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market Value11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table Top14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right NowThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?6 Great Ancient Mysteries That Make China Worth VisitingTop Tastiest Foods From All Over The WorldReal World Archaeological Finds That Would Stump Indiana Jones7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better
BANGLADESH have recalled fast bowler Al-Amin Hossain for the first two of their three one-day internationals against England.Al-Amin, 26, was dropped for the Tigers’ recent 2-1 ODI series win at home to Afghanistan.Fellow seamer Taskin Ahmed, who returned to international cricket in September after having his bowling action cleared, has also been included.Left-arm spinner Mosharraf Hossain, who made his first one-day appearance in eight years against Afghanistan, has retained his place in the Bangladesh squad.Mosharraf, 34, finished with figures of 3-24 in the final ODI against Afghanistan, which Bangladesh won by 141 runs.England take on a Bangladesh Cricket Board Select XI in Fatullah, before moving to Mirpur for the first and second ODIs, with the third in Chittagong.Bangladesh ODI squad: Mashrafe Mortaza (captain), Shakib Al Hasan, Tamim Iqbal, Soumya Sarkar, Imrul Kayes, Mosaddek Hossain, Mahmudullah, Nasir Hossain, Mushfiqur Rahim (wkp.), Sabbir Rahman, Shafiul Islam, Mosharraf Hossain, Al-Amin Hossain, Taskin Ahmed. (BBC Sport)
For all the Latest Sports News News, Indian Premier League News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. Kolkata Knight Riders, Sunrisers Hyderabad and Rajasthan Royals are still in the fray.Kolkata Knight Riders face Mumbai Indians in the final IPL 2019 league game.Kings XI Punjab now face Chennai Super Kings in the last league game. New Delhi: Kings XI Punjab had stumbled to 111/4 in the 14th over in their clash against Kolkata Knight Riders in Mohali. Dinesh Karthik’s side had applied the pressure and was looking good to restrict Kings XI Punjab to a below par score. However, Nicholas Pooran blasted 48 and Sam Curran hammered 55 off 24 balls to boost Kings XI Punjab to 183/6. In 6.3 overs, Kings XI Punjab had blasted 72 runs and this angered Karthik who gave an earful to the Kolkata Knight Riders side during the innings break. The outburst seemed to have helped as Kolkata Knight Riders stormed to a seven-wicket win thanks to Shubman Gill’s unbeaten 69.Speaking after the match, Karthik explained the rationale behind the outburst. “”It’s been a hard few days. I wasn’t too happy with the bowlers and what the fielders were doing, so I thought I should let the boys know what I felt at that time. It is rare, not many people have seen me angry. If I feel I need to be angry to get the best out of the boys, then maybe,” Karthik said. On the other hand, Ravichandran Ashwin admitted that the lack of a good start in the powerplay has hurt Kings XI Punjab yet again in the Indian Premier League. Ashwin highlighted that in the previous edition, the bowling powerplay was the team’s main weakness and in 2019, the batting powerplay has been an issue, despite Chris Gayle and KL Rahul scoring over 450 runs at a strike-rate of close to 150.“We have to address the areas that we are lagging. One of such area is the powerplay both with the ball and the bat. Last year, we had a great batting powerplay with Chris (Gayle) and KL (Rahul) but this year we couldn’t get off to great starts, obviously because the pressure was on them and they had to like, do a job. We have to address this going into the next year because we have lost most games on powerplay battles. It has been a massive problem,” Ashwin said.Kings XI Punjab only have a mathematical chance of qualifying for the playoffs while Kolkata Knight Riders can seal the fourth and final spot if they beat Mumbai Indians and Sunrisers Hyderabad lose to Royal Challengers Bangalore. highlights
Dalton Sevier rose to fourth place in the high jump, clearing 6 feet, though it was Pulaski’s Xavier Babcock winning with 6’6” as Sevier cleared 11 feet to tie for seventh in the pole vault Connor Wilson was 15th in the 55-meter hurdles in 8.60 seconds.Chittenango had its boys 4×400 relay team of Kenny Mathews, Tristam LaFountaine, Warren Tedford and Parker Tedford earn third place in 3:41.83, best among small schools and third overall.Share this:FacebookTwitterLinkedInRedditComment on this Story In the long jump, DeLeon unleashed a top attempt of 21 feet ½ inch, just ahead of South Jefferson’s Spencer Zeltmann (20’8 1/2”) among the small-school entrants and second overall to the 22’2” from Corcoran’s Ken’Quil Robinson-Langford.Joining DeLeon in making it to the state meet is Joe Spires, in the 55-meter dash. His qualifying time of 6.70 seconds was enough as, in the final, he repeated that effort to take fourth place overall, Proctor’s Damien Allen winning the race in 6.48 seconds.Andrew Kent earned fourth place in the 600-meter run in 1:27.38 as CBA’s Joel Gaffney prevailed in 1:25.03. Spires took eighth place in the 300 in 38.87 seconds behind DeLeon. Tags: Cazenoviaindoor track As part of a league and Section III Class B-2 championship side, Cazenovia boys indoor track and field junior Slater DeLeon was already having a special season.But DeLeon made it even better when he twice won small-school titles in Tuesday night’s Section III state qualifying meet at SRC Arena, earning berths in this Saturday’s state championships on Long Island.Competing in the 300-meter dash, DeLeon went 36.98 seconds, well clear of Canastota’s Tudor Orza (38.23) in the small-school portion and runner-up overall to Utica Proctor’s Azzan Johnson, who won in 36.55 seconds.
Brian Megill and JoJo Marasco were both selected in the 2013 Major League Lacrosse Collegiate Draft Friday night.Megill, an Inside Lacrosse preseason first-team All-American defenseman, was the No. 7 overall selection in the first round to the Denver Outlaws. Marasco, a Yorktown Heights, N.Y., native, was a fourth round pick, 37th overall, by the New York Lizards. The midfielder was named a preseason All-American honorable mention by Inside Lacrosse.The two selections were the fewest for Syracuse since Chris Daniello and Cody Jamieson were the lone SU players selected in the 2010 Draft.The Orange is expected to receive large contributions from non-seniors this season, including preseason All-American honorable mentions juniors Derek Maltz and Nicky Galasso. Only seniors are eligible for the MLL Collegiate Draft.Syracuse and its two draftees open the season Feb. 17 against Albany in the Carrier Dome, but preseason action begins Jan. 26 with a doubleheader against Hofstra and Holy Cross.AdvertisementThis is placeholder text Comments Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on January 11, 2013 at 10:53 pm Contact David: email@example.com | @DBWilson2