Barça, closer to signing: Dembélé will be about 6 months off after its operation

first_imgOusmane Dembélé, in a match with Barcelona. Image: Reuters Dembélé has been operated in Finland for his tendon rupture in the femoral bicepsBeing a long-term casualty, LaLiga could approve Barça fiche The FC Barcelona player Ousmane Dembélé has been operated this Tuesday in Finland for his tendon rupture in the biceps femoris and will be approximately 6 months off, so the rest of the season is lost.center_img “The player of the first team Ousmane Dembélé has been successfully intervened in Turku (Finland) by Dr. Lasse Lempainen of the fracture of the proximal tendon of the biceps femoris of the right thigh. The approximate withdrawal time is 6 months,” said the club.Dembélé previously injured his biceps femoris in November 2019 and, when he was close to being discharged, noticed some discomfort that led to a new injury, the current one, which he had to go through the operating room.The French end was expected to be the winter reinforcement that has not arrived in the offensive zone of the team, ‘touched’ already down by April until Luis Suarez, as confirmed by his coach, Quique Setién.However, being a long-term leave, LaLiga could approve, according to what its medical commission says, so that Barça incorporates a player who replaces Dembélé in LaLiga Santander.The Frenchman, who accumulates several muscle injuries this season, three of them in the thigh, has played only nine games so far this season, five in LaLiga and four in the Champions League, with a goal in the domestic championship, and You will not be able to play until the next campaign.last_img read more

Is box office finally bouncing back?

first_imgWith the Vince Vaugh-Jennifer Aniston romantic comedy “The Break-Up” leading the way with a $39.2 million opening last weekend – $1 million more than originally estimated – movie ticket sales have exceeded last year’s totals for 10 out of the last 11 weekends. Add that to four out of the current top five films, “X-Men: The Last Stand,” “Over the Hedge,” “The Da Vinci Code” and “Mission: Impossible III” all having reached the $100 million mark domestically, and it would seem that the industry is rebounding from its historic box office slump of 2005. But is there really that much to celebrate? A year ago, the industry was mired in a record losing streak in which weekend revenue fell behind 2004 totals for an unprecedented 19 consecutive weekends. So this year’s crop of films has not exactly had to live up to very lofty comparisons. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORE11 theater productions to see in Southern California this week, Dec. 27-Jan. 2“It’s a little bit encouraging but not something we should jump for joy over,” warned Gitesh Pandya, editor of BoxOfficeGuru.com. “We have more films this year and they are better films from the standpoint that they are what people want to pay money to see.” Pandya said that for most weekends this year, the box office revenue is still not matching overall grosses from 2004 when Hollywood had a record summer ($3.96 billion). Compared with 2005 totals, year-to-date revenue is up by 4.65 percent but attendance is up 1.5 percent. And when 2006 is compared with 2004, 8.18 percent fewer people have bought movie tickets so far this year and revenue is 2.27 percent lower despite average ticket prices being 40 cents higher. While 2002 still holds the all-time record for movie attendance, 2004 was the year of record revenue ($9.4 billion). By this time in 2004, “The Passion of the Christ” had earned most of its $370.3 million take domestically, “Shrek 2” was on its way to a $436.5 million finish and “The Day After Tomorrow” ended up grossing $186.7 million overall. Last year’s big hits were far fewer by the time June had rolled around although “Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith” had the second-biggest opening weekend in history and went on to gross $380.3 million domestically. Other $100 million-plus hits during the first five months of 2005 were “Madagascar,” “The Longest Yard” and “The Pacifier,” but there were far more disappointments. “Compared to 2004, we may not look so great but we are certainly in a better place than we were a year ago,” said Paul Dergarabedian, president of the box office tracking firm Exhibitor Relations Co. The optimism will continue this week with Friday’s release of the Pixar Animation Studios release “Cars” while the fright flick “The Omen” opens today and could enjoy significant success, according to several box office pundits. greg.hernandez@dailynews.com (818) 713-3758160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more