West Ham confirm David Moyes return on 18-month deal

first_imgDavid Moyes has completed his return to West Ham United as manager after signing an 18-month deal at the London Stadium.Advertisement Loading… The move will see Moyes take charge immediately for the Hammers’ home clash with Bournemouth on New Year’s Day.‘It’s fabulous to be back,’ Moyes told the club’s website. ‘It feels great to be home. I’ve missed being here because I really enjoyed it.‘I enjoyed being around the stadium and I loved being in this part of the world and I missed the club, so I can’t wait to get started.‘I’m feeling very proud that I’m back here at West Ham. But I think more importantly I’ll be looking to see what I can do and what I can make improvements to, how we can get some wins with the players and how we can get some quick wins on the field as well.‘I do believe that the squad of players I’ve got here is a better squad of players than when I took over before, so I am looking forward to working with them.‘I think there’s got to be a short-term goal for us just now to get the wins to get us away from the wrong end of the league and what we’re going to do over the next six months, then what we’re going to do over the next period as well.‘The start is really focusing on the immediate games.’The Scot guided the Hammers to safety in his first spell at the club before they decided not to offer him a new contract and instead appointed Pellegrini.Moyes, who spent seven months in charge of West Ham between November 2017 and May 2018, is now ready to add Pearce and Irvine to his backroom staff.Both Pearce and Irvine served as Moyes’ assistants during his first spell at the club but left after his contract at the club wasn’t extended.Read Also: West Ham axe manager Pellegrini after Leicester defeatPearce has experience as both a manager and an assistant, having spent time in charge of Manchester City, England Under 21s and Nottingham Forest.Irvine, meanwhile, has worked under Moyes for most of his managerial career since their days at Preston North End, while he also had a brief stint as a manager of West Brom in 2014.Moyes has spent 15 seasons managing in the Premier League, including an 11-year spell with Everton and unsuccessful stints with Manchester United and Sunderland.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 The former Manchester United and Everton manager previously left the east London club at the end of the 2017-18 season but returns to replace Manuel Pellegrini who was sacked following a 2-1 defeat by Leicester City on Saturday. Promoted Content9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Great Entertainer Became A Milestone In The History Of CensorshipThe Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love With7 Reasons Why You Might Want To Become A VegetarianThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreWorld’s Most Delicious FoodsWhy Go Veg? 7 Reasons To Do ThisCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayEveryone Was Stunned To See How Little Anakin Looks Today14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right Now5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parkslast_img read more

Barça, closer to signing: Dembélé will be about 6 months off after its operation

first_imgOusmane Dembélé, in a match with Barcelona. Image: Reuters Dembélé has been operated in Finland for his tendon rupture in the femoral bicepsBeing a long-term casualty, LaLiga could approve Barça fiche The FC Barcelona player Ousmane Dembélé has been operated this Tuesday in Finland for his tendon rupture in the biceps femoris and will be approximately 6 months off, so the rest of the season is lost.center_img “The player of the first team Ousmane Dembélé has been successfully intervened in Turku (Finland) by Dr. Lasse Lempainen of the fracture of the proximal tendon of the biceps femoris of the right thigh. The approximate withdrawal time is 6 months,” said the club.Dembélé previously injured his biceps femoris in November 2019 and, when he was close to being discharged, noticed some discomfort that led to a new injury, the current one, which he had to go through the operating room.The French end was expected to be the winter reinforcement that has not arrived in the offensive zone of the team, ‘touched’ already down by April until Luis Suarez, as confirmed by his coach, Quique Setién.However, being a long-term leave, LaLiga could approve, according to what its medical commission says, so that Barça incorporates a player who replaces Dembélé in LaLiga Santander.The Frenchman, who accumulates several muscle injuries this season, three of them in the thigh, has played only nine games so far this season, five in LaLiga and four in the Champions League, with a goal in the domestic championship, and You will not be able to play until the next campaign.last_img read more