Ousmane Dembélé, in a match with Barcelona. Image: Reuters Dembélé has been operated in Finland for his tendon rupture in the femoral bicepsBeing a long-term casualty, LaLiga could approve Barça fiche The FC Barcelona player Ousmane Dembélé has been operated this Tuesday in Finland for his tendon rupture in the biceps femoris and will be approximately 6 months off, so the rest of the season is lost. “The player of the first team Ousmane Dembélé has been successfully intervened in Turku (Finland) by Dr. Lasse Lempainen of the fracture of the proximal tendon of the biceps femoris of the right thigh. The approximate withdrawal time is 6 months,” said the club.Dembélé previously injured his biceps femoris in November 2019 and, when he was close to being discharged, noticed some discomfort that led to a new injury, the current one, which he had to go through the operating room.The French end was expected to be the winter reinforcement that has not arrived in the offensive zone of the team, ‘touched’ already down by April until Luis Suarez, as confirmed by his coach, Quique Setién.However, being a long-term leave, LaLiga could approve, according to what its medical commission says, so that Barça incorporates a player who replaces Dembélé in LaLiga Santander.The Frenchman, who accumulates several muscle injuries this season, three of them in the thigh, has played only nine games so far this season, five in LaLiga and four in the Champions League, with a goal in the domestic championship, and You will not be able to play until the next campaign.
According to statistics released by the Guyana Police Force on Friday, for the month of June, 2018, there has been a nine per cent decrease in serious crimes, but an alarming nine per cent increase in rape cases, along with an eight per cent increase in robberies.There was a 25 per cent decrease in murder, but a two per cent increase in robbery-under-arms where a firearm were used. There has also been a 28 per cent decrease in robbery-under-arms where instruments other than a firearm were used; and there has been a five per cent decrease in robbery with violence; a 21 per cent decrease in robbery with aggravation; a 30 per cent decrease in larceny from the person; a three per cent decrease in burglary, and a 10 per cent decrease in break and enter and larceny as compared to the same period last year.The GPF recorded some 12 domestic murders, while it seized 67 illegal firearms.On June 9, a Berbice businessman was arrested for allegedly raping a nine-year-old. Reports are that the businessman was at home alone when the child’s mother sent her over to his house. It is still unclear what the child was sent to the house for. However, the girl’s younger brother reported to his teachers that the businessman had, on numerous occasions, touched his sister’s private parts when she visited his home.Following this information the boy provided on what occurred, teachers questioned the girl, and the Police was called in. The girl was taken to the Skeldon Hospital, wheare it was confirmed that she has been sexually molested.Meanwhile, on June 12th, 18-year-old Etzer Hope of Mazaruni, Region Seven, was charged for raping a 17-year-old girl, and was subsequently released on $200,000 bail.On June 20, Tovanie Simmons, a mother of four, lost her life after her ex-husband Imran Lyte knifed her to death because her friends allegedly taunted his newfound lover. He subsequently committed suicide. It was reported that Simmons was visited by her ex-husband and his sister, and they were sitting at the table having a discussion when he started stabbing Simmons. In a bid to escape, Simmons jumped from the veranda into the yard, but Lyte went after her. He reportedly caught up with her and continued stabbing her. After stabbing her about 18 times, he ran away.On June 6, Jainarine Seetaram reportedly used a hammer to murder his wife Bindmatie and their daughter Surujdai Khan, while his 11-year-old son witnessed the incident. The man later committed suicide.Traffic ManagementIn respect to traffic management, there was a 4.3 percent decrease in fatal accidents recorded at the end of June 2018. Serious, minor and damage accidents have also been decreased by 17.1; 32.4 and 18.4 percent respectively.Speeding accounted for 25 of 44 fatal accidents during the period January to June, while DUI accounted for 6 of those deaths. Additionally, the Police recorded 7 deaths due to inattentiveness of the driver. During the reporting period, some 19 pedestrians were killed, while 12 pedal cyclists along with 5 motorcyclists and 10 occupants of cars lost their lives.A total of 10,236 speeding cases were made out during the period, forming a fraction of the 44,170 traffic offences for the period. Some 1,868 persons continued to drive while under the influence, and 938 minibus drivers continued to disregard the law and overload their buses.For the month of May, the GPF recorded a seven per cent decrease in serious crimes along with a 4 percent increase in the number of reported rapes.It was also reported that 55 illegal firearms have been taken off the streets. According to the Force, as it pertains to traffic management, there was an 7.3 per cent decrease in fatal accidents recorded at the end of May, 2018.Two brothers of Fellowship, West Coast Demerara: Sherman West, 28 and Shalum Alim, 19, lost their lives on June 26 after they attempted to overtake a stationary minibus when it suddenly swerved out, hitting them before causing a collision with a second minibus which was travelling south.
– Advertisement –
160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Two of the top 10 – Oscar Enrique Flores and Steve Garcia – are from the SanFers gang in the San Fernando Valley. Both are wanted on murder charges. Villaraigosa and Bratton announced earlier this month a crackdown on gangs, including assignment of 200 more officers to anti-gang units around the city and 50 more in the Valley. “We want people to step forward and tell us if they see one of these people on the streets so we can get them into the system and begin prosecution,” Cardenas said. Councilman Ed Reyes said he hopes the rewards will provide an incentive for people to get involved. “It takes a tremendous amount of courage to step forward and work with police to identify gang members,” he said. In a move designed to heighten public attention, the Los Angeles City Council on Friday authorized rewards of $50,000 each for information leading to the arrest of the city’s recently named 10 most-wanted gang members. “These are the people who are the most dangerous, the most violent,” said Councilman Tony Cardenas, who authored the motion on behalf of Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Los Angeles Police Chief William Bratton. “These are people who are involved in murders, multiple murders and drug-dealing cases that need to be brought to justice.” A list of the 10 most wanted is available at the Los Angeles Police Department’s Web site, www.lapdonline.org.
Province-wide, those numbers increase to 10 deaths and 36 serious injuries between December 24 and January 1 on average. Police will be out in full force during that time, so party goers are encouraged to find a safe ride home ahead of time. ICBC recommends choosing a designated driver before heading out or keeping money stashed for a taxi ride. The responsibility of being the sober driver should be shared, and a good host should have non-alcoholic drinks available for them. Lastly, someone should never get in the car with an impaired driver, and insist that their loved ones don’t get behind the wheel while under the influence. – Advertisement -Stay safe this holiday season.
BIG PRESENTS UP TOP gameday cracker possible standings smart causal shining Latest Burnley FC News What every Premier League club’s fans dream of this Christmas targets I would like thanks all of you guys for your great support last two years. I will always have great memories, especially last ,, golden boot “ year! Wish you all the best and help the lads go to PL .— Matěj Vydra (@vydra_92) August 7, 2018 Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January How the Premier League table could change after the Boxing Day fixtures REVEALED BREAKING: Clarets make @dcfcofficial striker Matej Vydra signing number three. More to follow. pic.twitter.com/RjaYwXhbd0— Burnley FC (@BurnleyOfficial) August 7, 2018The Czech, who joined the Rams two years ago, has previously played in the top flight with West Brom and Watford.Vydra told the club’s official website: “I think five years ago I was like a kid in the Premier League.“Now I feel I have more experience in English football, I speak better English and I have learned more in England, so I hope I’m a better player than five years ago.“For the last four years I have been fighting to be in the Premier League. I haven’t done it with the teams I was playing for and sometimes it has to be done with a transfer and now I’m so happy. Every current Premier League club’s best kit from the past decade Boxing Day fixtures: All nine Premier League games live on talkSPORT REVEALED Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? “My ambition is to play in the best league in the world so thank you to the gaffer here and to Burnley for giving me a hand to play in the Premier League and now it’s about me to show he chose the right person and hopefully I will be successful with mine and Burnley’s targets.”Vydra joins Sean Dyche’s Clarets, who finished seventh in the Premier League last season, on the same day they completed a deal for former England number one Joe Hart.He left a message of support to Derby – wishing them the best of luck in the Championship this season. Where Ancelotti ranks with every Premier League boss for trophies won Premier League Team of the Season so far, including Liverpool and Leicester stars Burnley have completed the signing of Matej Vydra from Derby for an undisclosed fee.Vydra, 26, who was the Championship’s top scorer with 21 goals last season, has penned a three-year deal at Turf Moor with the option to extend that by another 12 months.
A basking shark caught on camera off Tory IslandWe may see them off the coast of Donegal and take them a little for granted.But our basking sharks are still a huge source of attraction across the country.RTE star Derek Mooney sent a team up his week to Inishowen to record the sharks. Emmett Johnston is interviewed for the show.The results will go out on the RTE radio show today (Fri).The sound crew spent most of the week in Donegal.The Drift Inn in Buncrana was often used as a base to plan the filming.Local historian Tony Grant generously gave of his time the crew get up close and personal with the sharks. Among those interviewed was also Emmett Johnston who is in charge of the Irish Basking Shark Projet.A shark is tagged with a transmitterSome of the locals ‘drift inn’ t meet the RTE crew. PICTURE SPECIAL: MOONEY GOES WILD ABOUT DONEGAL BASKING SHARKS was last modified: August 8th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:baskin sharksMalin HeadMooney Goes Wild
It’s the kind of publicity that Donegal’s battling tourism industry just can’t buy.A group of some of the world’s top bloggers got so excited on a trip to Donegal that they jumped in to swim with a group of dolphins.The group of overseas online writers were brought to the county to see the stunning beauty. The group left Teelin Pier to see the Slieve League cliffs in all their beauty.But what they didn’t plan for was the visit by the dolphins which surrounded their boat.Some of the bloggers got so excited by the unique ‘meet and greet’ that they jumped into the water to swim with the stunning creatures.The bloggers, who come from a host of countries including Sweden and France, were left speechless by the unscheduled stop-off. “It was almost as if it was planned that the dolphins turn up and put on this amazing display.“Some of our guests just couldn’t resist and they jumped in to swim with the dolphins.Some of the bloggers take the plunge to join the dolphins“The bloggers were also completely captivated by the natural beauty of the area including the cliffs.“This is the kind of publicity that Donegal needs and hopefully their readers will get the full message from their time here,” said a spokesman for Failte Ireland.ALL PICTURES COURTESY OF CLIVE WASSON PHOTOGRAPHY The bloggers leave Teelin Pier before their surprise encounter!DONEGAL DOLPHINS CAPTURE HEARTS OF WORLD’S TOP BLOGGERS was last modified: October 2nd, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
DDTV – UFC FIGHT NIGHT: Donegal MMA star Joseph Duffy believes he could be in for a very tough fight against Ivan Jorge on Saturday night but is confident he can get the job done.Duffy was giving his first interview as part of the preview for the UFC Fight Night in Glasgow which will be screened live on BT Sports.Duffy made a sensational UFC debut in March – destroying Jake Lindsey with a first-round TKO. A relaxed Duffy says he’s looking forward to Saturday’s fight and says it will be another brilliant experience of front of a packed house.Duffy is expecting a large crowd of supporters from Wales and Donegal to be in Glasgow for the fight and says that only adds to the excitement for him.Duffy says he expects the fight to be tough but feels he has the skill set to trouble Ivan Jorge, and believes if he’s given the opportunity can stop him inside the distance.To watch the full interview – simply click play on the video link above. DDTV – UFC FIGHT NIGHT: DUFFY – “IF HE GIVES ME AN OPPORTUNITY, I THINK I CAN STOP HIM” was last modified: July 16th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalFIGHT NIGHTGlasgowinterviewIvan JorgeJoseph DuffyMMAUFC
Tags: CAF Champions LeagueKCCAm CNaPS CNaPS squad on arrival at Entebbe this morning. PHOTO BY SHABAN LUBEGAMadagascan side CNaPS, who take on KCCA in the return fixture of the CAF Champions league on Wednesday, arrived in the country this morning.CNaPS have brought a contingent of 31 personnel including 20 players to help prepare for the all vital second game in the preliminary round.The Madagascan side who hold a slender 2-1 advantage will be accommodated in Makindye at the London Star Hotel.They will hold two training sessions as they prepare for the game.The first session will take placed today, Monday, at 2pm, while the last one will be held on Tuesday at 4pm, both at the StarTimes stadium.KCCA will highly be expected to get the job done at the StarTimes stadium, having not lost a continental fixture there since the artificial turf was laid.In the first game, the Kasasiro Boys got a precious away goal that most teams crave for in two legged affairs.Derrick Nsibambi scored the all-important away goal for the garbage collectors when the two sides met in Madagascar last week.Comments