Oktay says he will have to opt out of playing open football and look at getting in the least a point in both ties.“You know my style and you know I love to play open, attractive football. We did it in Nigeria against Lobi Stars and we also did it against Petro in Angola. But now we will have to change. I have to change my style a bit,” the tactician told Capital Sport.He added; “We need to get at least a point in the two away games. We know playing in North Africa is hard, but I am not worried. I know my boys and I know we can make it.”Gor mahia players celebrate Francis Kahata’s goal against NA Hussein Dey in a CAF Confederations Cup match at the Moi Sports Centre Kasarani on February 24, 2019. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluK’Ogalo has had a torrid away record and since their first return to continental football in 2008, the club hasn’t enjoyed victory away from home, the only time that happened being a 5-0 win away to Anse Re-Union and last year’s 3-2 victory over Yanga in Dar es Salaam.“I don’t know about the past, but I am committed to see the team succeed in these two games because they are very important. We are going to go away and we will get positive results,” Oktay noted.Gor who leave Nairobi on Friday evening will not travel back to Nairobi once they are done with the tie against Hussein Dey but will remain in the North to await the game against Egypt.“We will not be back and that’s why our midweek game against Ulinzi was rescheduled. We are yet to decide whether we will stay in Algeria for a few days and then travel to Egypt or we will just go there direct and prepare from there. But we will make a decision once we get there,” Gor Mahia Chief Executive Officer Lordvick Aduda says.Gor Mahia head coach Hassan Oktay chats with midfielder Francis Kahata before a training session at the Camp Toyoyo Ground on December 11, 2018. PHOTO/Timothy OlobuluOktay will have tricky balancing acts to do as he will possibly use the same squad that played midweek against Tusker FC in a Kenyan Premier League tie. Oktay complained that they had asked for postponement of their game against Tusker, but were not listened to.“The Algerian Federation helped Hussein Dey because they postponed their league matches. But for us, we asked of the same but nothing. But, I am not worried. We will go and fight to get a result. I know if all my players were physically 100pc, we would get a minimum of three or four goals in Algeria. Rest assured,” the tactician opined.Gor will still miss the services of defender Joash Onyango who picked up a heavy knock in his ribs in their match against Western Stima two weeks ago.Francis Kahata who was rested against Tusker in midweek will also be okay to start the important tie.If Gor avoid defeat in Algeria, they will remain on top of the standings. Their bid for a quarter final slot will receive a massive boost if Petro Atletico and Zamalek draw in the other tie and they travel to Zamalek and also get a point.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Gor Mahia head coach Hassan Oktay gestures on the touchline during their CAF Confederations Cup game against Egypt’s Zamalek at the Moi Sports Centre Kasarani on February 3, 2019. PHOTO/Raymond MakhayaNAIROBI, Kenya, Mar 1 – Gor Mahia head coach Hassan Oktay has hinted at a change in strategy as the club faces two back to back away matches in Group D of the CAF Confederations Cup over the next two weekends.The record Kenyan champions face Algeria’s NA Hussein Dey on Sunday in Algiers and follow that up with another away assignment against Egyptian giants Zamalek in Alexandria a week later, hoping to pick a minimum of a point in each game.
The two scouts are from Sweden; Patrick Murk who helped scout the likes of Paul Oyuga and Bonaventure Maruti and Johan Ibrahim.Teams competing for the winner’s cash prize of Sh50,000 are Chapa Dimba All Stars team, Koth Biro All Star team, Acakoro, Kariobangi Sharks Under-20, Eastleigh Youth, Liberty Under-20, Kriss Darlin All Stars and Roya Wanyama All Stars.The tournament is currently underway with two matches already been where Accakoro drew 1-1 with South B All Star in regular time before the Korokocho based side won 3-1 on post-match penalties to qualify for the semis.The main aim of the event is to bring together the best in Nairobi soccer and showcase the capital city vast talent.Also present in the tournament is former Harambee Stars coach Jacob ‘Ghost’ Mulee.0Shares0000(Visited 20 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000EVANS OCHIENG OF ROYA WANYAMA, TEDDY SEWE OF KARIOBANGI SHARKSNAIROBI, Kenya, Aug 16 – Three top European talent scouts will grace the Champions of Champions football tournament to be hosted at Camp Toyoyo Ground in Nairobi.The inaugural one-day tournament that has brought together eight teams who won the grassroot tournament that just concluded, will start with the knockout phase starting from the quarterfinals.
HIS superb goal against Cavan was the stuff that teenage dreams are made of.And now we can reveal the secret of Patrick McBrearty’s success on the Gaelic pitch…his hair wax.Well until last week that is. The 17-year-old had a superb game against Cavan last Sunday to set up next weekend’s Ulster SFC semi-final clash with Tyrone.But what most people don’t know is that young Patrick – who won’t sit his Leaving Cert until next year – only wore gloves in the match against Cavan at Breffni Park on insistence of the management team.A friend revealed: “Paddy likes to use his hands and isn’t a big fan of gloves.“That’s because his favoured method of improving his grip is to rub his hair wax into his hands!” We don’t mind what he wears next weekend – as long as he hits Tyrone for a few scores to set up an Ulster Final clash with Derry.REVEALED: SECRET OF TEEN GAA STAR’S SUCCESS – HAIR GEL! was last modified: June 20th, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Donegal GAApatrick mcbrearty
Since independent retailers in Letterkenny began displaying their exchange rate in bright pink letters they have started to see a marked increase in sterling coming through their tills. This is a marked change from three years ago when it was all going the other way, according to Letterkenny Chamber. As the Sterling/Euro exchange rate moves in favour of southern businesses, Letterkenny is all set to reap the rewards and attract Northern customers back into town but even more importantly keep people in Donegal rather than going North to shop.John Watson, Letterkenny Chamber President and a business man himself said the town is hoping for an even bigger increase in sterling customers as the summer months go on.“Prices are so good at the moment and if a customer is using sterling they will get even more for their money. We work on the border so the exchange rate fluctuates all the time but we are ready to take full advantage of the exchange rate at this time. By all accounts it looks like it will remain like this for the coming months so that’s good news for Letterkenny.”Letterkenny Chamber under it’s Shop LK brand has produced a poster for participating shops which very simply tells customers that the shop offers a rate of £1 = €1.25 in vibrant pink. These have been distributed around independent retailers who will proudly display them on their shop windows. John continues “This is Letterkenny’s time to make hay while the sun shines and we want to welcome back all our Northern customers to re-discover what Letterkenny has to offer. This town has a great shopping reputation and we are keen to keep our loyal customers and to attract back those who may not have been here for a while.”Letterkenny offers a great shopping experience. There’s the traditional Main Street, the shopping centres, the retail parks and lots more in between and after a few hours shopping there’s lots of places to relax for a coffee, a meal or for family entertainment. This exchange rate campaign will last well into the Summer so keep out an eye for the bright pink signs. LETTERKENNY RETAILERS ALREADY SEEING A ‘STERLING’ SUCCESS was last modified: June 25th, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Letterkenny Chambersterling
ARCATA >> In a 10-second span the Jacks went from thinking things might have been over on one end of the field to celebrating on the other.Sophomore goalkeeper Chris Cherms’ final crucial save of the day sparked the Jacks’ most ferocious counterattack, as junior defender Cameron Spencer finished things off and slipped a shot past San Francisco State goalkeeper Emmanuel Jimenez in the 104th minute to give the Humboldt State men’s soccer team a 2-1 win over the Gators in double overtime on …
Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting Memeo, the company behind a host of backup, sharing and synchronization tools and mobile applications, has just launched Memeo Connect 2.0, an updated version of its earlier desktop-to-cloud synchronization service for Google Docs.Like its progenitor, Memeo Connect still offers drag-and-drop uploads, but in the latest release, the application’s operating system integration has been dramatically improved. Most notably, your Google Docs folder now appears as a virtual drive that Memeo labels “GDrive”, and, according to company representatives, the name is being used with Google’s blessing. But Is it Really a “GDrive”?To Internet early adopters, the name “GDrive” rings more than a few bells. It’s referring to the long-rumored cloud storage service that Google has yet to launch. In its imagined state, Google’s GDrive would have been a lot like Microsoft’s SkyDrive: several gigabytes of free storage available on the Web for all your files. On the theoretical GDrive, however, files could be in any format, of any size and there would be easy ways to sync them or move them back and forth between your computer and the cloud. Office files would open with Google’s Docs service, an online counterpart to desktop programs like Microsoft Office, and some even imagined that GDrive would further integrate with other Google properties, like Picasa for photos or YouTube for videos. Google never fully realized everyone’s GDrive dreams, but its Google Docs service is functional enough for most. It allows for the upload of any file type while multiple third-party services offer decent options for keeping files in sync between your computers and cloud. These include Memeo competitors like Box.net, Dropbox, Syncplicity, SugarSync, OfficeSync, Gladinet and more. There are few programs that actually offer the full virtual drive functionality that Memeo now does, though. The company worked closely with Google to build this latest version of its Connect software and when Google engineers found out Memeo was calling the virtual folder it creates “GDrive,” they had a good laugh. Sorry, Internet, Google isn’t designing its own GDrive service anytime soon, but it’s well aware of the rumors. Google actually prefers that, when it comes to GDrive-type offerings, third parties do it for them. The closest thing we’ll see to a Google-branded tool of any sort is a desktop uploader application now being built, sources tell us. But it’s no GDrive, based on what we’ve heard. Version 2.0: More OS Integration Blurs Line Between Desktop and CloudIn Memeo’s case, version 2.0 of its software continues to offer drag-and-drop uploads (even folders!) and automatic synchronization. But it goes further with a combination of features that make using its so-called GDrive a more viable option. For example, you can save files from your desktop-based applications like Microsoft Office directly to Google Docs via GDrive, and you can open GDrive-hosted files with its associated native desktop program. In other words, it blurs the line between the cloud and the desktop, just as Google’s mythical GDrive would have supposedly done. And for that reason, we don’t at all begrudge Memeo the name “theft.” Memeo Connect‘s other new features include the ability to select multiple files at once for deletion (from the cloud), filter files by type or category, download all Google Docs with a click, view folders shared with you via Google Docs and more. And let’s not forget one of the most exciting new features: full text search for documents, another benefit of the in-depth collaboration between Memeo and Google when building this new version of Connect. To truly transition to cloud-hosted files, this feature is considered a must-have for many users. Related Posts For Business Users Only?Memeo Connect is more business-focused than it is a consumer tool. It’s not available as a “freemium” offering, as some would expect. Surprisingly, that’s not Memeo’s decision, but rather Google’s. Google restricts its API usage for these types of synchronization services so that they only work with those who have business-level accounts. As far as pricing goes, for Google Premier users, it’s $9 a year per user and for non-Premier users, it’s $59 a year per user, which includes a new Google Apps Premier Account in addition to the sync service. Memeo Connect 2.0 is available for free evaluation from here. Both Mac and PC versions are available. sarah perez Tags:#cloud computing#enterprise#Google#NYT#web#Web Office A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market
The Congress on Monday criticised the State government, saying that it is caught in a bind over the Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) duplicity on the beef issue at the Centre and in the States.Goa Pradesh Congress Committee president Shantaram Naik, while speaking at a press conference at the Congress headquarters, said the BJP should clarify its position. “Everyone knows our position. But the BJP has a two-faced policy: one at the national level, and another at the regional level. Therefore, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar is caught in a bind,” Mr. Naik said, when asked for comments on the beef shortage in Goa. The former Rajya Sabha MP said the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) was influencing the State government over the beef shortage in Goa. “The government’s inaction on a hate speech by a Hindutva leader on the issue of beef consumption some months ago was testimony to the BJP-led coalition government’s dislike of beef-eaters,” said Mr. Naik. Beef traders in the State are on strike since Saturday, saying that they are being harassed by vigilante groups and government officials.
Delhi and Mumbai would be among the 10 largest cities in the world by 2030, a report released by the United Nations’ World Urbanization Prospects stated.At present, Tokyo is the most populated city in the world with a population of 38 million. New York is also one of the populated cities in the world with its nearly 8.5 million people.Read it at Indian Express Related Items
Saina Nehwal and PV Sindhu notched up contrasting wins to reach the quarter-finals of the Malaysia Open Super Series women’s singles in Shah Alam on Thursday.While Sindhu edged out seventh-seeded Sung Ji Hyun of Korea 22-20, 21-17 in 47 minutes, Saina brushed aside another Korean Bae Yeon Ju 21-10, 21-16 in little over half an hour.The two-time bronze medallist at World Championship, Sindhu had lost to Sung Ji at Hyderabad during the Asian badminton Championship team event but avenged the loss and took her head-to-head record against the Korean to 5-3.The 20-year-old from Hyderabad will next meet former World Champion and two-time India Open winner Ratchanok Intanon of Thailand, while Saina has set up a meeting with Thailand’s Porntip Buranaprasertsuk, who stunned All England champion Japan’s Nozomi Okuhara, seeded 8th, 21-12 22-20.Olympic bronze medallist Saina, seeded third, stamped her authority on the second round clash against Bae as she reached a 11-3 lead at the interval in both the games and didn’t give much chance to her opponent to make a comeback.Saina has now beaten the Korean nine times in 13 meetings.Sindhu almost blew away a 9-6 and 20-18 lead in the opening game before managing to surpass Sung Ji and earn the bragging rights.In the second game, she fought back from 6-8 down to finally break off at 15-15 with five straight points, reaching 20-15. The Korean saved two match points before Sindhu sealed off the issue.Chinese Taipei’s Tai Tzu Ying stunned Olympic champion Li Xuerui of China, seeded second, 14-21 21-18 21-1 in another second round match. Interestingly, Li had reached the finals at India Open last week.advertisementAmong others, World No. 1 Carolina Marin, Chinese duo of Wang Shixian and Wang Yihan also reached the last eight.In men’s singles, India Open champion Japan’s Kento Momota gave a walkover to 2010 Commonwealth silver medallist Rajiv Ouseph of England.Second seed Lee Chong Wei, China’s Lin Dan, seeded 4th, Denmark duo of Viktor Axelsen, seeded 6th, and Jan O Jorgensen, fifth seed, also won their respective matches and reached the quarterfinals.(With inputs from PTI)
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal blamed injuries and unrealistic expectations for his team’s disappointing season after a 3-1 win over Bournemouth on Tuesday confirmed a fifth place finish in the Premier League.United are guaranteed a spot in next season’s Europa League four days before they play Crystal Palace in the FA Cup final but Dutchman Van Gaal’s future is still the subject of intense speculation after two years in charge at Old Trafford.”The issue is the amount of injuries in November and December, particularly in the two full back positions,” Van Gaal told reporters.”We need creative, fast attackers and we have to take care of that. When everybody was fit we were first in the league. That is the facts.”There were a number of empty seats at Old Trafford for the last home game of the season and a few banners suggesting the club’s supporters would be happy to see Van Gaal leave.HIGH EXPECTATIONS”The expectation is very high. Too high. We are a team in transition,” Van Gaal said. “I have tried to explain that.”We didnt reach our aim. We have to qualify for the Champions League. We have still the FA Cup final to go. Everyone has to make up his mind at how we have done this season at that time.”Van Gaal was at least happy with his team’s performance against Bournemouth.”It was a very good victory, we have created many, many chances in the second half and we played very well,” he said.advertisement”We scored brilliant goals,” he added, referring to a well-worked effort by Wayne Rooney and another sparkling finish by 18-year-old striker Marcus Rashford.United, however, scored only 49 league goals all season, their lowest return since 1989-90.After winning 13 league titles under manager Alex Ferguson with attack-minded teams who scored goals for fun, that simple statistic alone should make Van Gaal worry for his future at the Theatre of Dreams.