-Violators can be fined $250 for the first violation and $500 for each additional violation. Unlike Miami-Dade and Broward counties, the county’s order does not make any mention of jail.-The draft ordinance also does not include penalties for businesses that fail to comply, but they still must follow state orders.“The county’s emphasis will be education, education, education,” said Mayor Dave Kerner. “Wearing a mask is an act of kindness” to protect people around you, he said.The Florida Department of Health reported on Wednesday that 109,014 people statewide have tested positive for COVID-19 since the pandemic began.Palm Beach County had 356 new cases reported Wednesday, bringing its total to 11,536 cases. In addition 495 people have died in the county as a result of the virus.Medical officials told commissioners on Tuesday that facial coverings are not dangerous to people wearing them, and could prevent someone who is unaware they have the virus from infecting others. People in Palm Beach County will be required to wear masks in public beginning on Thursday morning.The rules, which the county commission approved unanimously on Tuesday, will take effect at 12:01 a.m. Thursday.The county’s attorney was still reviewing an order outlining the requirements late Wednesday. However, these are the major points:-Facial coverings must be worn indoors, including stores and restaurants, and they must be worn outdoors where social distancing is not possible.-Plastic facial shields, without masks, are permitted.-There are exemptions for people with a medical condition such as asthma; people who are exercising and still social distancing; while eating and drinking; and for children under age 2.
1 Francesco Becchetti has sold Leyton Orient to a business consortium headed by Nigel Travis, a lifelong fan and chief executive of the Dunkin’ Brands Group.The O’s, who have been in free-fall ever since Italian Becchetti bought the east London club from Barry Hearn in 2014, saw their 112-year stay in the Football League come to an end when finishing bottom of Sky Bet League two last season.Earlier this month, a winding-up petition against Leyton Orient was dismissed at a High Court hearing, with all debts having been repaid.The details of the deal for Eagle Investments 2017 Limited to purchase the club have not been revealed, but the club confirmed it was “not associated with Dunkin’ Brands, the parent company of Dunkin’ Donuts and Baskin-Robbins.”Travis, who was born in nearby Woodford, is confident the O’s can now move forwards as they aim to regain their Football League status.“I have been a passionate Leyton Orient supporter for my entire life and feel a great sense of responsibility to the players, the staff, the fans and the community,” said Travis in a statement on the club’s official website.“We have challenges in front of us, and I am not under-estimating those. However, over the long-term, we believe we can return the club to the Football League.”Travis is set to serve as chairman of the Leyton Orient board, while other directors will include principal investor Kent Teague, who is from Dallas, and also a fan representative.The O’s aim to recruit an “experienced chief executive, who will be responsible for the day-to-day commercial management of the club”. Local businessman and long-time fan Marshall Taylor will take up the role on an interim basis.Outgoing owner Becchetti, who bought Orient in 2014 after they lost in the League One play-off final at Wembley, feels despite a testing period he has now left the club in a “position from which it can grow”.The Italian said: “I invested a great deal in the club in good faith and have delivered the club to Nigel Travis and his consortium without any debts to the banks, without arrears for taxes and salaries and in a normal situation with its suppliers. This is a position from which it can grow.“Over the last two years, I have, unfortunately, not been able to dedicate myself to following the club as closely as I would have wanted. This is clearly the moment to leave the club to others and I know that in doing so I am leaving it in good hands with Nigel Travis.“I give my sincere best wishes to the fans and to the club for a bright future, full of success.” Nigel Travis, a lifelong Leyton Orient fan, led a consortium that took over the club in June 2017 getty
MOST READ PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games PLAY LIST 03:07PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games00:59Sports venues to be ready in time for SEA Games05:25PH boxing team determined to deliver gold medals for PH00:50Trending Articles01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games03:04Filipino athletes share their expectations for 2019 SEA Games00:45Onyok Velasco see bright future for PH boxing in Olympics02:25PH women’s volleyball team motivated to deliver in front of hometown crowd01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games WATCH: Streetboys show off slick dance moves in Vhong Navarro’s wedding Man sworn in as lawyer by judge who sentenced him to prison as a teen 20 years ago Flags of SEA Games countries raised at Athletes Village LATEST STORIES Alamara Mumar tried to knot the score anew for the Philippines, but his goal wasn’t counted.The Filipinos defeated Thailand, 9-7, last Tuesday to get the ball rolling for the PH delegation.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutThey need to beat Singapore on Thursday at 11 a.m. to keep their gold medal hopes alive. Celest Flores-Colina Molina hopes for positive end to PH’s AVC stint ahead of SEA Games Read Next LOOK: Venues for 2019 SEA Games Catriona Gray spends Thanksgiving by preparing meals for people with illnesses Photo from Kuala Lumpur SEA Games Website.After a blazing start in the 2017 Southeast Asian Games, the Philippines yielded to host Malaysia 7-8, in day 2 of the men’s water polo Wednesday in Kuala Lumpur.The Filipinos turned a 1-4 deficit into a tied game at 7 in the fourth period on goal by skipper Roy Canete Jr., but the Malaysians got the last laugh as Tan Xi Yun scored the go-ahead with a little under two minutes left.ADVERTISEMENT Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC SEA Games in Calabarzon safe, secure – Solcom chief UPLB exempted from SEA Games class suspension Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View comments
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Liverpool boss Klopp: Pulisic to Chelsea? Another…by Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has offered his opinion on Chelsea’s deal for Borussia Dortmund winger Christian Pulisic.Liverpool had been in competition with the Stamford Bridge club to land the American this January, but Klopp cooled his interest in the forward and the Blues swooped.Chelsea opted to loan the American back to Germany until the end of the season, at which point the 20-year-old will link up with his new team.And Klopp said: “[He’s] a really good player, another good player for Chelsea. “I’ve known him for a while and followed him [in his career]. Another really skilled boy playing in England.”
TagsPremiership NewsAbout the authorIan FerrisShare the loveHave your say Malta Tourism Authority deny value of Man Utd dealby Ian Ferrisa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveMalta’s minister for tourism, Konrad Mizzi, has denied reports claiming the department will pay close to €20 million (US$22 million) over three years for its sponsorship deal with Manchester United, reports, www.sportspromedia.com/.The Premier League outfit agreed a deal with the Maltese government and the Malta Tourism Authority (MTA) earlier in September to promote the country as a tourist destination. The agreement will see the Visit Malta brand given advertising space at Old Trafford, United’s home stadium, and also publicity via the club’s digital marketing channels,It was first reported by the Times pf Malta on 23rd September that the contract is valued at €20 million over three years.However, Mizzi has branded the report as ‘fake news’ in a series of posts on social media, while also describing the valuation of the deal as ‘meaningless and extraordinary’. The MTA has since released its own statement refuting the Times report.’The article is clearly based on the journalist’s own speculation and assumptions, in an attempt to create a negative aura around the partnership agreement concluded between the MTA, Visit Malta, and Manchester United,’ the statement read.’Although the cost of the actual partnership is commercially sensitive, the figure invented by the said journalist is a complete fabrication and nowhere close to the actual committed funding, which is in line with the Malta Tourism Authority’s marketing budget.’According to the Times of Malta, a source told the newspaper that the deal was ‘directly negotiated between the MTA officials and Manchester United’s commercial arm and no agents were involved’.
Liverpool boss Klopp: We don’t have fringe players hereby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool boss Jurgen Klopp says he has no fringe players in his squad.It’s a busy period for the European champions who will have played seven times between September 14 and October 5 before breaking off an international round of fixtures. Klopp, though, isn’t bemoaning a hectic fixture list.He told the Liverpool Echo: “We don’t have fringe players here, we only have first team players and a few young guns. We now play a lot Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday, so we will have to see about [changes].”We don’t just play a lot of football we travel a lot, but you know that. Every team has to do that, we don’t go for excuses. Other teams have difficult situations, as well, it is like that.”You want to play Champions League, desperately and then it starts, you don’t say ‘oh my God, look at all these games’ that makes no sense. It is good.”The cup competitions are really nice and I am sure it will be a tough game against MK Dons because they are obviously pretty good as well. It will be interesting. We live for that so we should use these opportunities.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Kolkata: Sent into bat, Kolkata Knight Riders scored 161 for eight against Chennai Super Kings in the Indian Premier League (IPL) here Sunday. Brief scores: Kolkata Knight Riders: 161/8 in 20 overs (Chris Lynn 82; Imran Tahir 4/27).
Men’s soccer assistant coach Ian Gordona.Credit: Courtesy of OSU AthleticsThe Ohio State men’s soccer team has hired a former rival coach to try and kick start the program.The Buckeyes announced the hiring of former Michigan assistant Ian Gordona Monday, appointing him to the same position in Columbus. According to an OSU press release, he will also assume the role of recruiting director.Gordona, who spent the last two seasons at Michigan, helped guide the Wolverines to back-to-back winning seasons after a dismal 2011 season when the Wolverines finished 5-14-1 overall.Regardless of his recent affiliation with a heated rival, Gordona earned his bachelor’s degree from Ohio State in June of 2003 in history. Since then, he has coached 113 All-Americans, 66 Youth National Team players, 51 professionals and six National Players of the Year on top of four national championship teams.Gordona’s recent success has coach John Bluem excited for his return to Columbus.“We are delighted to have Ian join the staff,” Bluem said in the press release. “He is an excellent young coach, tremendous motivator and fantastic recruiter. He is a remarkable evaluator of young talent and will lead the way in our future recruiting efforts. He has incredible work ethic and will provide a strong role model for our student athletes.”Gordona is set to replace Taly Goode, who spent four seasons with the Buckeyes. Goode “left the program to move on to other opportunities,” OSU spokesman Alex Morando said in an email.According to Morando, Gordona’s salary is $47,000, while Goode’s was $40,609. Outside of football and men’s basketball, Morando said OSU does not have contracts for assistant coaches.Gordona, who was not immediately made available for comment, released the following statement in the press release.“It’s an honor and privilege to have the opportunity to be a part of The Ohio State University and the athletic department,” Gordona said. “I feel fortunate and humbled to have the opportunity to work with the men’s soccer program under the direction of coach Bluem and coach (Frank) Speth, as well as learn from the minds of the other great coaches this university has within its athletic department. My desire is to help build this program back to national prominence.”The Buckeyes finished the 2013 season with a 5-8-4 record – and won just one Big Ten game.OSU is scheduled to kick off its 2014 fall season Aug. 17 against West Virginia in an exhibition game at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium.
Valencia have reportedly set their sights on a surprise move for Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi this summer, claims the Daily MirrorThe Belgium international’s future at Stamford Bridge remains in doubt, despite the fact that Antonio Conte has now left after he was restricted to just three Premier League starts under the former Italy manager.Due to his lack of opportunities in his first season at Chelsea, Batshuayi joined Borussia Dortmund on loan for the latter half of the 2017-18 season and finished with an impressive seven goals in 10 appearances.Chelsea hat-trick hero Tammy Abraham hopes for more Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Tammy Abraham hopes this season will be his big breakthrough at Chelsea after firing his first hat-trick for the club in Saturday’s 5-2 win at Wolves.But now the 24-year-old remains unsure about his future at Chelsea and is evaluating his options, despite the fact that Maurizio Sarri is now in charge of the Blues.Another factor which has made Batshuayi consider leaving Chelsea is the fact that they will be in the Europa League this season, while Valencia will be able to offer him Champions League football as well as regular playing time.Despite his injury struggles at the end of the last season, Batshuayi was a member of the Belgium World Cup and made three appearances for the national side as they finished in third-place.