Williams chases Carris Trophy leader Paltrinieri

first_img The 18-year-old made his intentions clear when he started with two birdies, remarking: “It gave my confidence a boost and really helped me with the round,” he said. After that, whenever his score slipped, he produced more birdies to get back on track, holing a very long putt on his eighth hole and sinking an 18-footer on his 17th.  After today’s round the field was cut to the top 60 and ties who will play the final two rounds, tomorrow and on Friday. A total of XX players qualified.  Italy’s Julien Paltrinieri moved three shots away from the field in the Carris Trophy today after he got to six-under par at the halfway stage at West Sussex Golf Club.  Quinney (Bearsted), is playing for the first time at this level and coped well with the change in conditions, balancing three birdies with three bogeys. “I could have holed some more putts, I was inside 15ft from the 13th to 16th, but I’ll shoot a good score tomorrow!” he said.  Williams, 15, (pictured left) moved up into a share of second place when he added level par 68 to his opening 65. The boy international has clearly kept the form which saw him take third place in last week’s McGregor Trophy – the English U16 boys’ open – and today he displayed an invaluable talent for scrambling.  Three more players have sub-par totals: Thomas Plumb (Sherborne, Dorset), Jake Benson (Beeston Fields, Nottinghamshire) and Spain’s James Meyer de Beco are all one-under.  The dreary weather reduced the number of sub-par rounds returned today – but the conditions held no problems for George Clarke of Druids Heath, Staffordshire. He scored the low round of the day with his three-under 65, which gave him a 36-hole total of level par and a share of ninth place, with nine others.  “I hit it in all sorts of places and somehow made lots of pars and some real clutch putts to keep me in the tournament. Now I’m in a good place and anything can happen, at least I’ve given myself a chance, I’m in a good position to move forward.”  26 Jul 2017 Williams chases Carris Trophy leader Paltrinieri Italy’s Julien Paltrinieri moved three shots away from the field in the Carris Trophy today after he got to six-under par at the halfway stage at West Sussex Golf Club.  Yesterday’s sunshine was replaced with rain and then a strengthening wind, but nothing could dampen Paltrinieri’s sparkle in the second round of the English U18 boys’ open championship.  The overnight co-leader ignored the morning downpour to shoot two-under 68 and set a target which could not be passed. He’s three clear of his closest challengers, England front-runner Robin Williams (Peterborough Milton), and Jean Bekirian of France.  After today’s round the field was cut to the top 60 and ties who will play the final two rounds, tomorrow and on Friday. A total of 64 players qualified with scores of six-over and better. Quinney (Bearsted), is playing for the first time at this level and coped well with the change in conditions, balancing three birdies with three bogeys. “I could have holed some more putts, I was inside 15ft from the 13th to 16th, but I’ll shoot a good score tomorrow!” he said.  The overnight co-leader (pictured top) ignored the morning downpour to shoot two-under 68 and set a target which could not be passed. He’s three clear of his closest challengers, England front-runner Robin Williams (Peterborough Milton), and Jean Bekirian of France.  Images copyright Leaderboard Photography Behind Williams is a group of three players on two-under, including Kent’s Ben Quinney, who was round in level par today, and sits alongside Scotland’s Eric McIntosh and Kevin Latchayya of Italy.center_img His card looked the model of consistency, with one birdie, one bogey and 16 pars. It was the opposite, laughed Williams, who said: “It didn’t feel like that, it was a real roller-coaster.  Two more players have sub-par totals: Thomas Plumb (Sherborne, Dorset) and Jake Benson (Beeston Fields, Nottinghamshire) are both one-under.  His card looked the model of consistency, with one birdie, one bogey and 16 pars. It was the opposite, laughed Williams, who said: “It didn’t feel like that, it was a real roller-coaster.  Paltrinieri was delighted with his performance and commented: “It was really difficult this morning, but fortunately I was playing well. I felt comfortable, everything was working right.”  Williams chases Carris Trophy leader Paltrinieri Williams, 15, moved up into a share of second place when he added level par 68 to his opening 65. The boy international has clearly kept the form which saw him take third place in last week’s McGregor Trophy – the English U16 boys’ open – and today he displayed an invaluable talent for scrambling.  Behind Williams is a group of three players on two-under, including Kent’s Ben Quinney, who was round in level par today, and sits alongside Scotland’s Eric McIntosh and Kevin Latchayya of Italy. “I hit it in all sorts of places and somehow made lots of pars and some real clutch putts to keep me in the tournament. Now I’m in a good place and anything can happen, at least I’ve given myself a chance, I’m in a good position to move forward.”  Click here for full scores  Paltrinieri was delighted with his performance and commented: “It was really difficult this morning, but fortunately I was playing well. I felt comfortable, everything was working right.”  Yesterday’s sunshine was replaced with rain and then a strengthening wind, but nothing could dampen Paltrinieri’s sparkle in the second round of the English U18 boys’ open championship.  The dreary weather reduced the number of sub-par rounds returned today – but the conditions held no problems for George Clarke of Druids Heath, Staffordshire. He scored the low round of the day with his three-under 65, which gave him a 36-hole total of level par and a share of 10th place, with nine others.  The 18-year-old made his intentions clear when he started with two birdies, remarking: “It gave my confidence a boost and really helped me with the round,” he said. After that, whenever his score slipped, he produced more birdies to get back on track, holing a very long putt on his eighth hole and sinking an 18-footer on his 17th.  Click here for full scoreslast_img read more

Ravi Shastri: Feud against Sourav Ganguly is only ‘chaat and Bhelpuri with mirch and…

first_imgAdvertisement 9fzj3NBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs8937hzWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Ea631xo( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 2v5a1Would you ever consider trying this?😱boz77Can your students do this? 🌚iRoller skating! Powered by Firework Indian team coach Ravi Shastri gave a biting reply to all the media outlets who spread rumors about his and currently appointed BCCI president, Sourav Ganguly’s relationship. Since 2016, media has been publishing reports about their bad blood, which Ravi has finally addressed. In 2016, Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) which included other eminent cricket players apart from Sourav, had picked Anil Kumble over him. This caused a back and forth between the two.Advertisement Cut to 2019, and it seems all is well between them. He called all those speculations and ‘chaat and Bhelpuri with mirch and masala’ to sell copies. He further clarified that these rumors have no grounds and that there is no feud between him and Sourav. It is all in the past for Ravi. A few days back Sourav also came out to tell all the cricket fans that everything is good between him and Ravi.Advertisement Ravi’s bluntness is not surprising as the head coach of the Indian team has always been quite blunt about his opinions. He expressed his adoration for Sourav and considers his growth from an Indian captain to a BCCI president to be outstanding. He further expressed how glad he was that there was BCCI in place now. He is of the opinion that for the past three years when BCCI was not there, international cricket had reached new grounds. He is welcoming of the change and is glad that the President is none other than Sourav Ganguly.He has been quoted as saying, “Oustanding (Sourav as BCCI president). First of all, I am thrilled that there is a BCCI in place. We played three years without a BCCI, which allowed the ICC to take off to another level.”Advertisement The 57-year-old did not stop there, as he had more to say about the former Indian team captain, “What he (Ganguly) has done as a cricketer, I have got utmost respect. He took over Indian cricket at the most troubled times, post the match-fixing era when the Indian cricket was in shambles. You needed the faith of the people to comeback and I respect that. And if people don’t respect that, to hell with them.”Sourav Ganguly returns to a very familiar venue – but in a different avatar!Ravi Shastri reveals which superstar he wanted at number 4 for India in the World Cup   Advertisementlast_img read more